Tuesday, November 22, 2011

No Progression

I had my 39 week appointment today.  No change.  Nothing.  I know I shouldn't be upset because it really doesn't mean a thing.  Some people are dilated for weeks and have a late baby, others aren't dilated at all and go in labor 24 hours later.  But it's still a little depressing.  I just wish I knew my body was doing something.


My blood pressure was quite a bit higher than it normally is, but my doctor didn't think anything of it.  Tanner's heart rate was 128 (which is pretty low) but once again my doctor said it wasn't anything to be concerned with.


So as of right now, I'm betting I will be induced on December 7th (41 weeks).  I did find out that my doctor used Cytotec to help thin your cervix before they start Pitocin during inductions.  I really don't like that.  He knows I don't want it.  It's cheaper to use but it isn't FDA approved for that purpose and can cause uterine rupture.  He did say he's never seen any problems when the smallest dosage is used.  He "will use it, but doesn't recommend it". Right now I'm thinking I'll probably be induced, and the induction won't work (many don't) and I'll have a C-section.  I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment