Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Almost 8 Weeks Old!

I know, I've been a blog slacker!  Sorry!


I'm just absolutely enjoying being a momma!  My heart is so full of love for my little man!  He really is growing up so fast!  I couldn't really tell if he was getting bigger until I held my friend's adorable newborn last week.  And now, it's obvious.  I'm excited and sad at the same time.  I look over at Tanner now, falling asleep in his swing and I want to cry because of my love for him and knowing he's not going to be this little for long.  I'm sure the sad country song on the radio isn't helping that though...






We have a great routine going on so far.  Little man usually wakes up around 7am to eat and occasionally takes a quick 30 minute nap after that.  Then he's usually up until he eats next around 10am.  We've been trying to let him play for a while before he naps again, because he used to sleep all day long, but that's changing.  He will typically eat every 2.5-3 hours during the day (and I will pretty much enforce that until his next appointment next week to make sure he really is gaining weight appropriately-although he has been telling me when he is hungry). We are slowly getting better at our adult meal times.  For a long time he just knew we were eating and would wake up fussing and acting like he was hungry.  No matter what, he knew we were eating.  It was funny...for a little while. He will eat before dinner is ready and again around 8:30-9pm.  We will cuddle and play until it's time for us all to go to bed.  We usually get Tanner ready around 10-10:30 and I will nurse him again in bed to "top him off".  Then we put him in his pack n play and he either is already passed out or he will stare around for a little while and then fall sleep.  And for the past week and a half he has slept 6-7 hours until about 5am.  It's been great!


Nursing has been incredible.  I am so thankful everything is working out now!  We have been shieldless for a whole week today! And ever since Tanner has become more proficient at nursing and only takes 15-20 minutes to eat versus the 45+ minutes it was before.  It took a long time and a lot of work to wean from the shield but it was so worth it!  I believe because of the shield he has a fantastic latch and I have no pain. Ever. And I think it really helps us bond too.


Sometimes when he's done nursing and burping at our early morning feeding, I will lay him in my arms and rock him in the glider.  He stares at me and smiles.  It melts my heart every.single.time.


Tanner's favorite thing right now is still the mirror on the activity mat.  He loves staring at himself!  He also loves going for walks in the stroller.  The weather has been beautiful for winter and we have been able to go often.


I also think he's starting to teethe.  He will eat and immediately when he's done he starts chewing on his fist.  He's drooling a lot and is slightly more fussy lately.  I can see two little tooth buds right at the surface of his gums in the front bottom of his mouth.  I can feel them as well if I rub my finger on them.


He has his 2 month appointment on the 8th.  I'm looking forward to seeing how much he weighs and how long he is.  He is starting to make some of his footed sleepers uncomfortable because he seems so long.  But he's still a skinny little guy.  I'm NOT looking forward to his shots though.  It's going to break my heart, I just know it!


That's enough blabbing for now, here are some pictures I took this morning!

Doing so good holding things!



Cross eyed

Happy baby!

Starting to tolerate tummy time.

Still a little small for this cute outfit. (Yes, Dad.  I said "outfit") Haha


There goes this outfit for today.  This is what usually happens with his clothes.   We change him  4+ times a day most days.

Mommy & baby time!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have cried reading your post....I miss my kids and now grandkids being small.

    It is the sweetest time of all.

    Happy to hear you ar nursing...so many young moms give up too easily...I nursed both of mine and my daughter did both of hers. We never even had bottles in the house LOL guess I was too lazy to wash them etc. Much easier just to nurse and when you wanted to go somewhere the milk is ready and you do not have to store it LOL.

    I had to use a shield with my first one too....I let her nurse too long the first few times. It was a lifesaver for me.

    Sounds like you are having a great time being a mom.

    Hope to meet your little guy sometime. Hope you can make it home this summer and come to a cruise in with us. Tanner is a cutie.

    Take Care

    Trish

    ReplyDelete