On Friday, Nick had his Assignment Night. This is the night where everyone in his class find out what plane they are going to fly after Graduation from pilot training. Nick's number one choice was to stay here, in Oklahoma, for at least 3 more years as an instructor pilot. He would teach future Air Force pilots. Thankfully, Nick was given his number one choice! Of course, Oklahoma really has to grow on you. We are out in the middle of nowhere and 2 hours away from anything. But the pros to this choice greatly outweigh the cons.
- Nick will have a ton of flying hours. And this will look great on his resume once he retires from the military.
- He enjoys flying the T-1.
- He is an amazing teacher. He is very patient and understanding.
- He will be home for Holidays and Birthdays for at least 3 years. Which means he can watch Tanner grow up.
- Best of all, he will be able to have a chance on getting the plane he really wants to fly when this assignment is over, whatever he decides that will be when the time comes.
|The rose Nick gave me, along with the bottle of champagne, my card, and Nick's class beer mug.|
After Nick got his assignment he was given a bottle of champagne and his new patches. (The champagne will probably be a decoration for our kitchen, as Nick and I both don't like it). I was able to meet some very nice wives from the 32nd Squadron (Nick's new squadron). They gave me a card. It was very welcoming.
|"FAIP" stands for First Assignment Instructor Pilot.|
|This is the first pocket we put on him. It looks huge in the picture, but it really looks better in person.|
|My favorite color diaper...black!|
Tanner has his 2 month appointment tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much he weighs and how long he is! But he's getting his shots too. :( I'll update again tomorrow.