Monday, October 21, 2013

Pinspiration: Stain Remover

This weekend we spent organizing the office a little more and we started on Wesley's room.  I got a little bit of a nesting urge on Sunday and I went through all of Tanner's baby clothes and organized them by size and pulled out the ones that had stains.  I washed everything and spot treated the stains on most of the clothes and now they're all hanging up in Wesley's closet.  

But there were 15 various sized white onesies that I knew I would have to throw out.  I tried to clean them before packing them away and nothing store bought worked. So they have been sitting in the attic with super set-in stains for almost 2 years.  But a few weeks ago I stumbled on a stain remover pin on Pinterest.  I saved it, knowing I had these onesies waiting for me.  It's a very simple mixture and I had my doubts.  But I figured I would take pictures and post about it one way or the other.  Because if it was a failure, it would be nice to let my friends and family know so if they sound this same pin, they wouldn't waste their time.  But that won't be necessary, as this mixture was AMAZING! 

I followed this link.  It seriously worked wonders.  The ingredients? Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and blue Dawn dish soap. That's it!


15 super stained white onesies (Brought back all the memories of ow much Tanner spit up.  Poor kid)

This was the most stained onesie.  It's a little hard to see in the picture, but it was disgusting.  The stain was all down the front and on both sleeves.  


I mixed 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 cup of dawn.  Then I mixed in the 1/2 cup of baking soda.  You have to mix it up pretty well because it separates rather quickly, but when it's mixed properly, it forms this wet paste.  


I spooned the mixture on all of the stains on each onesie.  And I used a little scrub toothbrush to really get the mixture into the stain.



I then let them sit for one hour before throwing them into the washer with some detergent. And out they came, perfectly white! Every single one!  PINTEREST WIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment