Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Doctor update

Got back from the doctor today.  It was a pretty good appointment, nothing too much to report.  My blood pressure is still great, and I no longer have a UTI.  I did get a note from my doctor to give to my boss though.  I'm not going to work more than 2 nights in a row, because by the third night my swelling is out of control.  I've lost 4 lbs since my appointment last week...4 lbs since I last worked.  My doctor said he could put me on bed rest but I would get so sick of it and want to get up.  I'm hoping upping my water intake, one less 12 hour shift, and some compression stockings to wear during work will help my swelling.


I also had my glucose tolerance test.  The drink wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be.  It was like a super sweet, flat orange soda.  I didn't care for it very much, but Tanner enjoyed it.  His heart rate was much faster today and he kept kicking the doppler when my doctor was listening to his heart rate.  I couldn't help but giggle each time.


My next appointment is in 4 weeks.  By that appointment I will be in the third trimester! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment