Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's been a long week!

A lot has happened since I posted last.  Tanner had his appointment on Monday the 9th.  He is still my little peanut, but he has done so well.  He is 13.6lbs and 24 inches.  He was in the 8th and 9th percentiles for height and weight, and now he is in the 21st and 29th.  His head circumference was 16.5 inches, which is the 44th percentile.  


He did so well during his shots.  And I did better than I thought I would do as well.  (His daddy held him the last time).  The first two shots in his one leg barely phased him, but the one in his right leg made him cry pretty hard.  He immediately stopped once I snatched him up in my arms.  


This was right after a short nap after shots.




Tuesday I signed the lease for the larger house on base.  It will be our home, because we know we will be there at least 3+ years.  It was hard living in a house knowing you're going to move soon.  You just can't make it homey.  The movers came at 1pm and took 6 hours to load up their truck and move one street over and unload the truck.  And this is when Nick and I packed EVERYTHING up in boxes and had it all out in the garage already.  Al the furniture was moved into the living room as well.  I have no idea why it took them so long to do that.  Crazy, but at least it's done.  I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it all with Tanner needing my attention as well.  


Roses outside of our new house.





I spent the next couple days cleaning the old house to make sure it passed inspection on Friday.  Luckily it did, and I left for Texas at 2pm. Really bad weather was headed into Oklahoma at the time and I really wanted to miss it.  I drive through OKC during rush hour, in torrential downpour of rain, with the sky as dark as night.  I was so anxious, and felt so sick.  Come to find out I drove through one of the cities minutes before they had a tornado.  My saving grace was Tanner.  He slept through it all.  He was actually only awake maybe an hour of the entire 9 hour drive.  He did stop for dinner (Nick drove up from San Antonio to meet us half way-I was afraid of stopping in the middle of the night to feed Tanner alone).  He was an angel!


Dinner at Cracker Barrel


We got to San Antonio at 1:45 in the morning.  Tanner fell asleep at 3.  I'm so proud of him!


It's been a great week so far! I love being in a large city.  Mostly because there is Target. HAHA!



1 comment:

  1. ahhh target... I miss it! (PS I LOVE San Antonio, we were stationed at Randolph several years ago.)

    ReplyDelete