Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Big Move!

It seems like every time I post I say something about how busy we've been.  Well, we are still busy.  VERY busy.  Our plans have changed as well.  Originally I was going to drive down to San Antonio with Nick today to be with him while he is going through Pilot Instructor Training.  Well, Nick is in Texas, and Tanner and I are still in Oklahoma.  


On a whim I walked over to the housing office the other day to check where our name was on the wait list for a larger house.  Amazingly one was available!  I told them how I really didn't want to drive the 9 hours down to San Antonio for a while and then have to drive back and pack/move by myself while Nick was still in training.  They agreed and offered us a 4 bedroom/2 bathroom house just one street over from where we are now!


So when Nick got back from some training down in Florida, we tried to pack up as much as we could.  He was so amazing and did so much.  He wasn't feeling very good and he still moved furniture and big, heavy boxes all so I wouldn't have to do it alone.  


Most of the house is packed.  I have the things I am bringing down to San Antonio with me once we switch houses all together, minus the things I use daily.  We have hired movers to come move the big stuff and the boxes.  Everything is in the garage, so it should be easy for them to load up the truck.  I'm hoping it doesn't take them longer than 4 hours, or I will have to pay them overtime.  But really?  We're moving one street over.  Shouldn't take 4 hours...


The big catch?  We can't move in until April 10th.  So I've got 3 weeks to get the rest of the house packed up and cleaned before we can move and then drive down to Texas to be with Nick.  There is an extensive list of things we have to do to the house we are currently in (cleaning-wise) before we can leave.  I really, really hope I can do most of it while Tanner takes naps during the day the next few weeks.  He's been a little needy lately, and it's really hard getting anything done.  


And since this blog was full of text, and no pictures, I'll make it up to you and post an adorable video of Tanner talking to me.  


Click here.







1 comment:

  1. You sure have a lot on your plate, SweetPea! Hope all goes smoothly for you! Tanner is growing so much! I really miss all of you so much! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete