Tuesday, November 19, 2013

30 Weeks Ramble and Tot School

I am 30 weeks pregnant today!  I have such mixed emotions!  I'm happy to still be pregnant, it's been such a better pregnancy than Tanner's.  I want to truly enjoy these last 11 (max) weeks because this is the last time I will be pregnant.  I'm anxious/nervous about giving birth.  If you've read any of my last posts, you'll understand that.  I want a VBAC so badly, but if I hit 41 weeks, I feel okay doing the repeat C-Section.  It sucks, but I have my reasons.  I'm also excited to have a baby in my arms again, but I'm not looking forward to the unexpectedness of having a newborn.  I love our days now, we have a routine, and Tanner thrives off of it.  I'm hoping Wesley is a chill baby and will fit right into our day. And also, just having two little ones to take care of and love.  It's going to be so completely different.  The unknown is what really scares me.   

Anyway, 30 weeks pregnant today!  I'm feeling great! It's been over a week without having to take zofran.  I was completely miserable when I was 30 weeks pregnant with Tanner.  Here is my 30 week post with Tanner. It was so much fun re-reading that! It's when Nick surprised me by taking me to get a 3D/4D ultrasound.

I'm only up 11 pounds.  I'm sure I was close to or at 25+ with Tanner at this point.  I'm swelling now.  But only at the end of the day.  With Tanner, I woke up swollen.  I CAN STILL WEAR MY RINGS!  This really says something! Ha!  Apparently I am carrying Wesley a lot different, too.  I can still wear all of my pre-pregnancy jeans, but almost all of my maternity shirts show my belly at the bottom.  

No real cravings, still.  I'll want something, like ice cream, or hash browns, but it's not the "I have to have it NOW" type thing.  

Sleep has been kind of weird.  I will have nights where I am awake for an hour in the middle of the night, and then nights where I sleep all night.  It's not too bad.  

I have an appointment on Thursday.  I'm hoping I can talk to my doctor a little but about my hopes for my VBAC and hospital policies.  I'm going to bring up my wish for a family centered c-section, if it comes to that.  I'm hoping he actually lets me ask questions this time and I'm hoping I don't leave discouraged.  We'll see.  

We started decorating for Christmas this weekend.   I'm usually the type who will do no Christmas stuff until Thanksgiving is over.  But since we are going home to NC for Thanksgiving, I want to come home to Christmas.  It's going to be nice not having to do anything.  And secretly, I've really enjoyed decorating early.  Christmas is such a magical time and now we've stretched it out for longer than a month!  

Since we've been decorating, I was in and out of the office.  This morning I was tidying it up a little and Tanner and I had a quick tot-school moment.  I've been slacking in that department for a while, and I can tell he misses it.  We started by just coloring but he changed it all up.  

My pictures are not with my good camera, obviously, since it was a spur of the moment thing. 

Coloring the "done" (Sun)

He had enough of the coloring and pulled his felt shapes off of the wall.

And made a new game!


 I was wanting to do shapes next, since he knows most of them.  So this is working out perfectly!  Time to get on Pinterest for some fun ideas for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment