Sunday, May 15, 2011

10 weeks!

This last week feels like it flew by!  Baby is now the size of a prune.  Which is pretty cool because in a couple weeks s/he will be a plumb!  I really enjoyed reading babycenter.com's info for this week! It is pretty in depth, and it makes me happy! :)


He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.
If you could take a peek inside your womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.
In other developments: Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. The outline of his spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his spinal cord. Your baby's forehead temporarily bulges with his developing brain and sits very high on his head, which measures half the length of his body. From crown to rump, he's about 1 1/4 inches long.

Weekly survey:

How far along? 10 weeks 1 day

Due Date:  12/10/11

Total weight gain/loss:
 +1lb

Maternity clothes? Yes, shirts only. BeBand for pants

Sleep: I've been sick so I haven't been sleeping great. I got a new maternity pillow though, so no more aches and pains!

Best moment this week: Going to OB orientation

Movement: None yet, but I've read that in experienced moms they can feel movement around this time because they know what they're looking for. So I'm hoping it might be soon!

Food cravings: I had one craving this past week. For Burger King. They are the only burgers I like. 

Food aversions: Anything greasy

Symptoms: I had a bit of nausea yesterday-more like I just didn't want to eat anything even though I was starving.  I've been sick with a nasty cold so that could be a reason.
  
Gender:
 Still a little early. But I'm really thinking boy for some reason. But I would love either!

Labor Signs: Nope!

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Feeling normal 

What I am looking forward to: First doctor appointment in a week!
  
Milestones: Double digits! :)

Here is my weekly belly shot.  I swear I'm smaller than I had been.  Bloat is a crazy thing! I have more of a bump at the bottom where it should be now. Ha!


This last week I went to OB orientation on base.  It was pretty much a bunch of lectures, but I learned some.  It was nice to hear the differences in the two hospitals here in town.  I'm still pretty happy with the one I choose.  I didn't really like the lectures on exercise and diet.  I know it's important. But right now, I am still so tired all day long. Once I start getting that extra energy boost during the 2nd trimester, I'll walk more.  And being pretty pick with what I eat, I will eat what I am craving, because if not, I won't be eating.  I think getting a little food in, even if it isn't the best for you is better than not eating at all because of nausea. Anyway, the best part was the very generous gift they gave each one of us!  We got a ton of baby stuff from Gerber! They are so cute and I can't wait to actually use it all! Here is a picture:


Overall, this past week has been ok.  I started getting sick on Friday and have been sick since.  It really would be nice to be able to breath again! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better real soon! Good blog! Love and hugs to you and the prune! :)

    ReplyDelete