Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wesley!

Hmm.  Where to start?  I've got a lot to talk about!  Tanner update, Wesley update, weight loss journey, new assignment, homeschool preschool...

I think I will start with Wesley, since he's the one changing so much, and I'm not documenting it.  

I last posted these pictures.  It was April, and Wesley was just 2 months old.



He's so itty bitty there! It's crazy to see!  He's changed quite a bit since then. See?







This last picture is blurry because he just wont stay still anymore.  It's become tremendously more difficult to take pictures!



A lot has happened since I last updated about this sweet, often grumpy, never naps, squish.

April-
*Rolled from his back to his belly (4.29.14)
*He started laughing. (4.30.14)



May- 
*He slept through the night for the first time (this does not happen often).  (5.14.14)
*It took him just one night to break the swaddle.  I literally took him out of it and that was it. (5.28.14)

June-
*Rolled over from back to belly. (6.17.14)

July-
*Sat unassisted. (7.12.14)
*First food (Apple, carrot) BLW method (7.28.14)
*Said Dada (7.31.14)

August-
*First plane ride (To NC) (8.16.14)
*First time swinging (8.23.14)




September-
*Gave first kisses (to me!) (9.4.14.)
*Said Mama (9.8.14)
*First sickness (a cold) (9.13.14)
*Tooth #1, bottom front left (9.29.14)

Poor sick baby
October-
*Figured out the sippy cup (10.11.14)
*Went from all fours to sitting (10.12.14)

There are three major things about this boy. 1) He has a sensitivity to milk protein, so I've cut all dairy from my diet.  Hidden dairy, too (whey, casein). It's been fabulous for losing weight! I'm hoping he will grow out of it by the time he's a year old.  A lot of his colic was caused by dairy.  It all make sense now.  I stopped eating dairy when he turned 4 months old.  I never realized how much I ate.  But it's worth it, and the weight loss has been pretty nice.

2) He hates sleep.  Really.  The boy will not nap.  He will usually sleep about an hour a day on average.  He pretty much refuses to take a morning nap.  He will sleep maybe one time during the week, if I'm lucky.  And his afternoon nap can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.  It's so different coming from Tanner who would sleep about 4 hours during the day, and still sleeps 2-3 hours a day.  He will usually sleep pretty well during the night, probably from being exhausted.  (and PLEASE don't tell me that it's better to have a baby who sleeps at night and not during the day, than one who sleeps during the day and not at night.  That's not true when you have a toddler who needs some one on one time and can't have it because the baby is screaming all day long.)

I'll spare you the hundreds of pictures I have of him nap striking.  I have a ton.  What a grumpy determined little guy!

3) He is completely, 100% the polar opposite of his brother.  Well, except for nursing.  They both were/are boob obsessed.  Everything from sleep, shape, coloring, temperament, food preferences...and the list goes on and on. Heck, even their pregnancy's were different. (I predicted it, too!)


He very much loves his food! He will eat almost everything.

He has two moods.  Super happy and smiley.  And angry baby.  But boy is he sweet when he wants to be!







No comments:

Post a Comment