Friday, March 14, 2014

Organize all the things! New beginnings.

The two year old is napping and the newborn finally let me lay him down in the swing to sleep. He has been fighting sleep all day (6:30am-1:30pm), but today has still been better than our "normal" days. This is the third day in a row like that, too.  Probiotic drops, for the win!  Maybe we are on our way to a new normal? 

Anyway, I was sitting here on the couch and was able to look around the house. And for the first time in months, I was able to see it.  Maybe it's the change from colic to happy baby, or the warmer weather, or just the quiet, but I feel great! (I even only got a couple hours of sleep last night!) I feel my normal self coming back.  I want to get on Pinterest and gather ideas.  I want to deep clean.  I want to organize my kitchen, living room, closets, bedroom.....(I'm sure Nick is super excited to read that. I loooove you, Nick!)

I want to make my house pretty.  I want to make myself pretty.  I'm looking forward to starting a new healthy lifestyle, and exercising again. I was looking through old pictures yesterday for throw back Thursday and I found these old pictures of me.  The Lindsey in those pictures is how I still see myself.  It's a completely different person from the stranger I see in the mirror daily.  

So I am going to start living again...once I get this having-two-kids thing down a little better.  I'm going to start making an effort to start liking myself again. I also want to write about it all.  I always feel better after I post something new.  I may be pushing it a bit right now, because who knows, colic could come back and bite me in the butt. And if I'm honest with myself, there are days where I'm trying to rock the screaming baby while sitting on the floor putting a puzzle together with Tanner, with Mickey Mouse playing in the background. And I try to remember the last time I was able to go pee.  But it has to get easier as the days go by.  It's an adventure! One I am striving to enjoy thoroughly, and want to remember forever! Let's see how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment