Monday, February 4, 2013

C25K Week 2

Week 1 was great!  Day 3 of week 1 I had to run on the treadmill due to sucky weather (and not wanting Tanner to catch a cold).  I started feeling my shin splints coming back.  I hoped taking two days off and starting week 2 day 1 on Saturday would make everything better.  

Nick and I ran on the track on Saturday.  Nick pushed the stroller and I really took it easy.  Week 2 is a 5 minute warm up walk followed by 90 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking, for 20 minutes.  And then a final 5 minute cool down walk.  Half way through the running I felt the shin splints coming back, again.  I slowed my pace and finished.  Instead of walking the track for the 5 minute cool down we walked to the park so Tanner could play for a little while since the weather was nice.

Once we got to the park I sat down to rub my legs and the tremendous pain hit.  I never realized how bad shin splints could feel. I literally could barely walk.  Yesterday my legs weren't any better.  And today, still sore, but improving a little bit.

We went to the mall and I bought some new running shoes, so I'm hoping I can fix this problem. Also I'm Googling like crazy for good ways to stretch my muscles before and after I run.  Other than shin splints, I feel really good!  My endurance is getting better, and I'm feeling healthier.  

I was supposed to run today for week 2 day 2, but I think I will give my legs one more day to heal and run tomorrow morning.  Or if I can get the timing to work out I may run tonight.  


No comments:

Post a Comment