Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Pregnant"

I couldn't believe my eyes! I know I saw two pink lines yesterday, but wow.  I took the digital test this morning and I fell in love immediately!  It said, "Pregnant"!!! Seeing the actual word made it seem so much more real.  I am completely head over heels for this little ball of cells that will be my baby! Such an amazing feeling!






I want to tell my mom so bad! I keep thinking about it all day.  I'm going to hold out though.  I'm wanting to have an ultrasound first and possibly frame it and give it to my mom and my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  It's only a little over a month away! I think I can do it...I hope I can do it!  After that I will give this website to them both to read. So Mom, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier! I just don't want anything bad to happen...


Anyway,  I have a little signature ticker I use on an online pregnancy forum that uses food to describe the size of your baby during pregnancy.  This week, and next week (weeks 3 and 4), the baby is the size of a poppyseed! I have a little poppyseed growing inside me! Amazing!


I went to the base clinic today to verify the pregnancy-had to pee in a cup. I would much rather have given blood, so I could possibly follow up with more blood next week to see if the hcg in my body is increasing like it should.  But this works too, I guess.  I'm waiting for the lab's call back.  So that way I can go ahead and get a referral off base with an OBGYN.  I've heard from several different people that the OBs around here are not taking any new patients, and I might have to drive an hour and 45 minutes to the closest city for a doctor. I'm really hoping that's not the case.


I'm trying to tell myself to just take it one day at a time, and enjoy every minute, because I've been told pregnancy flies by and before you know it your baby is 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment